RN Med/Surg (Bluffton)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 5/4/2017
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates inpatient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. This position cross-trains and remains proficient in patient care on both Findlay and Bluffton hospital campuses by rotating to Findlay campus to work as primary care nurse on the Medical Oncology department and Ortho Neuro department.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN s, Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
Duty 8: Displays an understanding and directs own abilities to function in postpartum care to provide efficient delivery of patient care.
Duty 9: Implements a thorough knowledge of maternal and pediatric equipment to provide a clean and safe environment of care
Duty 10: Remains proficient in patient care on both Findlay and Bluffton hospital campuses by rotating to Findlay campus to work as primary care nurse on the Medical Oncology department and Ortho Neuro department
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio License as a Registered Nurse
* Must obtain NRP certification within 6 months of hire
* Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
* Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in a hospital setting
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)