RN Medical / Surgical Tele 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for RN MEDICAL / SURGICAL TELE for our client in COTTONWOOD, AZ
JOB TITLE: RN MEDICAL / SURGICAL TELE
JOB LOCATION: COTTONWOOD, AZ
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* 13 weeks
* Shift Start Time:7:00 AM
* 12 hr Shift
* A professional nurse shall be responsible both for the nursing care directly provided by the nurse and the care provided by others who are under the professional nurse's supervision. The staff nurse, under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Manager and/or Charge Nurse, is responsible for
* Performing those nursing activities for which the professional nurse has been prepared through basic education and additional skills which are obtained through approved continuing education programs
* Providing the nursing supervision in the planning for and provision of nursing care to patients and the directing and evaluating of nursing care provided by other licensed nurses and other personnel.
* Providing patient education, both individualized and to the public.
* Assessing the patient's needs, planning for, implementing, evaluating, and documenting the nursing care being provided to each patient.
* Graduate from accredited School of nursing - required.
* B.S.N. - preferred.
* Telemetry experience - preferred.
* Medical Surgical experience - preferred.
* Current RN License within the state of Arizona - required.
* ACLS - required upon hire.
* BLS (American Heart Assoc.) - required upon hire.
* National Certification - preferred.
SKILLS - REQUIRED:
* Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
* Possess visual and hearing acuity, and/or the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet patient/family needs.
* Able to relate to and work with ill and disabled patients of all ages, bilingual patients, emotionally distressed patients and families and with hospital personnel within the facility.
* Able to deal with high stress and high demand work environment.
* Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
* Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner.
* Able to work varying shifts/units within the cluster, rotate days off, and work weekends and holidays.
SKILLS - PREFERRED:
* Medical terminology expertise.
* Computer competency.
* Clinical documentation experience.
MedSurg, MedSurge, Med-Surg, Med-Surge, Medical-Surgical, Medical, Surgery, med/surg, medical/surgical, Travel RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Travel, Torrance, BLS, Hospital, Acute, Clinical