RN - Occupational Health - PRN 9/1/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Occupational RN is to be clinically competent. Delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation under the direction of a Licensed Provider or the Director.
* Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with the physician practice for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
* Duty 2: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
* Duty 3: Effectively interacts with patients and their employers while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
* Duty 4: Serves as a working leader in conjunction with the Medical Office Assistant for clinic processes.
* Duty 5: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
* Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
* Duty 7: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level.
* Duty 8: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
* Duty 9: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
* A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements.
* Associate Degree of Nursing from an accredited school required, BSN desired
* Current Ohio licensure as a Registered Nurse
* Required within 30 days of hire or transfer: BLS certification.
* Required within 6 months of hire or transfer: Certified Professional Collector (CPC) for drug screens, NIOSH approved Spirometry training, Certification as a Breath Alcohol technician, and Certification as an Audiometric Technician
* Previous nursing experience in a clinical setting, required
* Good organizational and communication skills including observation, listening and interviewing skills.
* Positive service-orientated interpersonal and communication skills required
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area s policies and procedures.
* Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), desired
* 1-3 years of experience in an Occupational health setting and knowledge of OSHA regulations and Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation rules and procedures, desired.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)