RN Operating Room
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Show Low, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for RN OPERATING ROOM for our client in SHOW LOW, AZ
JOB TITLE: RN OPERATING ROOM
JOB LOCATION: SHOW LOW, AZ
JOB TYPE: 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
* Responsible for professional nursing care of the patient in the Operating Room. Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patients in the Operating Room. Responsible for meeting the established standards of nursing practice in the Operating Room. Responsible for circulating duties according to the established standards consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the nursing service. Responsible for professional nursing care of post-operative patients in PACU when necessary, with adequate orientation, and ACLS certification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains knowledge of developmental needs and nursing care encompassing all age groups.
* Assesses, plans and implements direct nursing care of the operative patient in accordance with nursing standards. Identifies problems and any needs for improvement.
* Maintains and completes total and accurate documentation on all appropriate nursing records.
* Ensures safe and clean environment for patients' well being and privacy. Conforms to operating room dress code. Diligently practices and monitors aseptic technique.
* Provides direction and guidance of nursing service personnel. Delegates responsibilities to scrub technician and/or other operating room personnel if within their capabilities.
* Develops and promotes effective, harmonious, favorable and efficient working relationships within nursing care team and other departments.
* Assists in problem-solving and participates in implementing solutions in collaboration with the CNL and Perioperative Services Manager.
* Assumes responsibility for preparation, labeling, and disposition of specimens.
* Remains knowledgeable as to the location, par level, and quantity of supplies and equipment in the operating room.
* Reports any equipment failure and/or any supply shortage to the CNL.
* Responsible for checking and maintaining equipment and supply inventory in specialty area(s) designated or assigned by CNL or Director.
* Responsible for maintaining BLS and ACLS Certifications.
* Assists anesthesiologist/anesthetist during pre, intra and post induction of anesthesia.
* Conducts sponge, needle and instrument counts according to operating room policies and procedures.
* Surgically preps patients according to surgeon's preferences.
* Anticipates the needs of the patient, scrubbed surgical team and anesthesia provider, and takes appropriate action.
* Safely transports patient from the operating room to the PACU with the anesthesia provider.
* Assists with clean-up of operating room and preparation for the next case.
* Assists with reprocessing supplies and instruments.
* Documents all charges as indicated.
* Reports any unusual occurrences and/or incidents to the CNL or Manager and fills out appropriate forms.
* Is available for operating room call on a rotating basis.
* Responsible for restocking supply C-lockers in OR rooms and core, maintaining par levels of supplies in drawers, and restocking specimen containers and gloves in each OR room assigned.
* May assist PACU nurse in call situations where another nurse is needed for conscious sedation. Completes annual review for conscious sedation.
* May circulate in Special Procedure Rooms either on-call or during regular hours.
* Displays proper etiquette and mannerisms that reflect the Service Standard Behavior Guidelines.
* Promotes the Patient Safety Standards as a core value of the organization.
* Participates in departmental and hospitalwide informational meetings and inservices, including staff meetings, hospitalwide forums, and seminars.
* Reviews department and hospitalwide policies and procedures annually.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Completes all tasks as expressed in the Skills Delineation List.
* Job Scope
THIS JOB INVOLVES:
* Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm.
* A moderate to high level of complexity.
* Operation from established and well-known procedures.
* Performance of duties under moderate supervision.
* Are normally made with others both inside and outside the hospital.
* Are usually made with own department staff and supervisor as well as with other departments or locations.
* Frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times.
* Are usually face-to-face, with some contact by telephone and e-mail.
* Are usually with patients, physicians, and staff.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS & MENTAL ACTIVITIES:
* This position requires general nursing skills and knowledge of general office equipment (including the nurse call system, telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, computer, and commonly used hospital programs) as well as excellent computer, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, supervisory, interpersonal skills, basic math skills, and be able to exercise independent judgment skills when necessary. This position also requires knowledge of hospital equipment and programs, including all Hospital Information Systems and department specific equipment. This position requires self-direction and self-motivation. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
EDUCATION, LICENSURES, AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or equivalent (required).
* Current AZ RN license (required).
* Current CPR/BLS certificate (required).
Operating Room, OR, Circulating, Scrubbing, Operating, Surgery, Preop, Operative, Circulator, Scrubber, Scrubbed, Circulated, Ortho, Orthopedic, Spine, Neuro, Neurology, RN, Travel RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Travel, Torrance, BLS, Hospital, Acute, Clinical