RN PACU Capitol Hill Part Time Days 0.5 FTE "NO Weekends, Holidays or On Call"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin our expanding Surgical Services Team. Our most valuable asset is our staff of nurses, techs and providers. You will enjoy a supportive and collegial environment where you will be able to do your best work.
Monday - Friday, no weekends, no Holidays, and no call.
The Perianesthesia RN has primary responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures, during the admitting/preparation process and after surgery during the recovery/discharge process. The Perianesthesia RN:
* Develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care that is patient and outcome focused
* Develops a plan of care that is made in collaboration with other members of the perioperative team and is based on patient assessment, knowledge of the surgical procedures and anesthetic plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies and procedures, and AORN and ASPAN guidelines
* Provides leadership direction and clinical supervision to the patient care technicians and other non-licensed staff on the healthcare team
Minimum: PACU or critical care experience
Preferred: Acute and/or Ambulatory surgery center experience in pre-op, Phase I & II Recovery:
* Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
* Critical thinking and application of the nursing process.
* Applies the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to fulfill the professional role functions of a Perianesthesia RN in PACU including assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation
* Applies knowledge of preoperative requirements including informed consent, history and physical exam, preop testing, anesthesia evaluation, NPO and medication guidelines
* Applies knowledge of surgical procedures and patient education relevant to the procedure
* Applies knowledge of sedation/analgesia or anesthetic agents and techniques and the associated problems or risk for problems that may result
* Knowledge of airway management and cardiac monitoring Peripheral IV Skills
* Knowledge of ASPAN and AORN standards
Minimum: Nursing Degree from an accredited RN program.
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum: Current Washington State RN License.
Preferred: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Certification in perianesthesia nursing (Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse: CPAN or Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse: CAPA)
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E