RN Pain Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rancho Mirage, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for RN PAIN MANAGEMENT - TRAVEL for our client in RANCHO MIRAGE, CA
JOB TITLE: RN PAIN MANAGEMENT - TRAVEL
JOB LOCATION: RANCHO MIRAGE, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Start: 08/22/2016
* Shift: days
* Hours/Units per day: 8
* Days per week: 5
* BSN or MSN
* Calif. RN licensure
* 1 to 2years experience in the area of specialty
* The Pain Management Rounds Nurse performs clinical care activities and is responsible for the coordination of a specialty pain management service for patients, physicians, and other identified customers. Ability to ensure and act as a resource for the R.N. staff for the care and maintenance of epidural catheter.
* Consistently work with the pain management physicians on rounding of inpatients
* Facilitates initiatives for pain assessment and reassessment.
* Acts as resource for staff in pain management care planning.
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
* Performs physical assessment on patients in pain service.
* Develops plan of care based on assessment.
* Demonstrates implementation skills in accordance with client Standards of Care, policies, procedures, and Nurse Practice Act.
* Evaluates effectiveness of nursing and medical interventions.
* Demonstrates ability to change intervention strategies when expected outcomes not met.
* Consistently documents in accordance with client policies and procedures.
* Consistently administers medications and documents in compliance with medication administration policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates competency in the operation of equipment specific to pain service.
* Provides accurate and precise reporting of patient condition and changes in a timely manner to physicians.
* Adheres to guidelines for internal transfer of patient care.
* Rounds on each patient with epidural catheter to ensure that care is effective.
* Provides staff education as needed for procedures/epidural equipment.
* Gives bolus doses as ordered by physician.
* Assists with discontinuation of catheters.
* Initiates discharge planning upon admission and throughout hospitalization in conjunction with Case Manager where appropriate.
* Rounds on all pain patients to assist physicians and staff with the management of patients' pain and does clinical data collection. Coordinates care with physician.
* Participates in patient care conferences.
* Performs pain management education to patients and staff.