RN Post Partum / Obstetrics 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for RN POST PARTUM / OBSTETRICS for our client in FLAGSTAFF, AZ
JOB TITLE: RN POST PARTUM / OBSTETRICS
JOB LOCATION: FLAGSTAFF, AZ
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Shifts: 12hr
* start 7PM/7AM
* The staff nurse, under the supervision of the Director and/or Clinical manager, is responsible for conducting initial and on-going assessments, developing the patient plan of care through the use of Clinical Pathways; directing and delivering patient care, patient and family education, identifying and correcting variances from the patient's Clinical Pathway, and completing discharge planning. S/he follows accepted nursing practice and the policy/procedures at facility. S/he is directly accountable to the specific Cluster Director and/or Clinical manager.
* S/he assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of nursing practice.
* S/he seeks assistance and support when necessary, assists in data collection, organizes those aspects of patient care for which s/he is responsible, and maintains accountability for own practice and those functions s/he delegates.
* Within a specified work period, she/he plans, implements and evaluates care that is consistent with overall admission to post-discharge plan.
* S/he practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
* This position may be caring for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
* S/he will have or develop the knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of this population.
* Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required.
* BSN - preferred.
* Recent Maternal Infant experience - preferred.
* Basic Fetal Monitoring experience - preferred.
* ACLS - preferred.
* Current RN license, state of Arizona - required.
* National Certification - preferred.
* NRP - required within 90 days of hire
* BLS (American Heart Assoc.) - required upon hire.
SKILLS - REQUIRED:
* Able to work varying shifts/units within the cluster, rotate days off, and work weekends.
* Able to relate to and work with ill and disabled patients of all ages, bilingual patients, emotionally distressed patients and families and with hospital personnel within the facility.
* Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
* Possess visual and hearing acuity, and/or the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet patient/family needs.
* Able to deal with high stress and high demand work environment.
* Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
* Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner.
SKILLS - PREFERRED:
* Computer competency.
* Clinical documentation experience.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY, ENVIRONMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking - required.
* Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients as well as medical equipment and supplies - required.
* Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, balancing, climbing and/or lifting - required.
* Comply with all required health assessments and testing - required.
* See Job Analysis for further requirements
* X Yes (If yes, must be able to respond to hospital within 30 minutes)
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT:
* In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the organizational mission, vision of Client. Employees must keep current with their organizational competencies associated with our eight values: Patients, Colleauges, Quality, Safety, Leadership, Teamwork, Integrity and Diversity.
* Employees with be held accountable for understanding and effectively applying these principles.