RN Primary Care Find Your Fit Float Pool "Per-Diem Days, No Weekends or Holidays"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat does it mean to work at Group Health?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with friends and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
If you are an experienced RN and looking for something different in your nursing career? Want a challenge - to professionally grow and learn?
Be part of an innovative practice team where job satisfaction and variety are the norm not the exception.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing.
* The Registered Nurse is an integral leader of the healthcare team, overseeing and participating in patient assessment and the formulation and implementation of the care plan.
* Provides population management and direct nursing care to patients with chronic and acute care needs, adhering to Group Health ambulatory Nursing Care Standards, the Nursing Code of Ethics and Group Health policies.
* Coordinates and facilitates healthcare services for complex patients as part of an integrated delivery system.
* Act as clinical resource for team members review patient needs, anticipate needs and plan with team.
* Participate in daily huddle, help problem-solve unusual challenges
* Serve as operations resource for care team when needed
* Access and coordinate with community services (Poison Control, DHS, DME, CPS, Lactation services)
* Document in EPIC review and complete work in EPIC In-baskets
* Chronic Care care coordination for medically complex or fragile patients outreach to patients & coordinate follow-up following hospital, SNF or UC/ED discharge, identify high-risk patients using established criteria, coordinate multi-disciplinary team and resources to support patient care needs
* Promote achievement of clinical and service targets/goals (example: HEDIS)
* Acute Care Triage urgent/emergent same day/drop-ins for team, triage and assist with high-risk patients according to infectious disease protocols (chicken pox, pertussis, measles, SARS), manage advice calls for complex/fragile team patients, serve as resource for questions for the Advice LPN and others
* Clinical Functions Content knowledge and skills to intervene as needed, protocol (Standard of Care) and guidelines knowledge and skill to intervene, intravenous therapy, chronic wound care, immunotherapy, chemotherapy/biotherapy
* Prevention Conduct independent nursing visits for patient education and nursing intervention as directed, incorporate prevention: address patient care need gaps into every visit
* Special Needs Anticipate and accommodate age-specific needs (all ages, pediatric, geriatric, etc.), anticipate and accommodate patient disabilities and limitation, access resources for interpretive services
* Computer Literacy Appointment scheduling, e-mail, EPIC/staff messaging
* Oversight of Medication and Immunization programs coordination of flu program, ordering & monitoring immunization and medication stock, ensuring monitoring of medication refrigerators and Crash Cart
* Nursing Management of Urgent/Emergent Situations Familiar with clinic specific emergency procedures, CPR/BLS current card, ACLS or PALS cert as determined by care setting standards, participate in emergency team response, code blue, post code management, emergency transport coordination
* Nursing Management of Trauma Identify and triage major traumas (severe, life-threatening, in need of resuscitation or emergency services), minor traumas (bites, injuries of bone, eye, ear, mouth, nose, teeth, finger, extremities, genitalia), aware of injury prevention resources and materials, patient preparation for laceration repair, perform burn care, perform eye irrigation, perform cast removal, instruct patients in post-injury care
* Pediatrics Patient Assessment and Care Routine: Age specific competencies, nursing management in newborn care, immunizations, pediatric fever, dehydration, common childhood rashes and illnesses, asthma respiratory illness
* Pediatric Assessment and Care Advanced: Nursing management of pediatric behavior issues, lactation issues, ADHD, diabetes.
Minimum Education Requirements
Associates Degree Nursing Degree from an accredited program.
Bachelors Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Intermediate Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
Minimum Experience Requirements
1 year of experience.
Other Experience Ambulatory care nursing experience. Primary nursing or case-management experience.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire Current Washington State RN License.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Schedule: Per Diem
J2W code: NUR5E, D1V