RN Quality Abstractor PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Lake City, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06210-2058
Performs quality data abstraction to meet regulatory and organizational requirements. Assures documentation requirements are met in accordance with certification standards and regulatory requirements. Assists with planning, design, delivery, and evaluation of education activities related to quality issues.
* Performs accurate & timely data abstraction for core measures and enters data into the corporate data aggregation program (COMET).
* Performs drill down and analysis of data on a quarterly or more frequent basis.
* Serves as an education resource to the organization to assist the departments with meeting current and emerging staff development needs related to quality issues.
* Produces thorough, accurate, well designed and appropriate documents
* Assures documentation requirements are met in accordance with certification standards and regulatory requirements.
* Participates in committees and activities as needed to maintain an awareness of the current and emerging quality issues of the organization.
* Evaluates and uses budgetary discretion when reviewing educational media and participates in identifying the budget needs for the department.
* Notifies appropriate persons when core elements failed. Provides related education as necessary.
* Rounds in departments to converse with staff to identify quality issues and education opportunities
* Assists with providing statistical data and reports for Medical Staff Committees as requested.
* Assists with minutes for designated Medical Staff and/or hospital committees.
* Monitors quality/quantity indicators as needed (mortality report, procedure trending, etc.)
* Reviews and enters patient's reviews into the QM module for QI issues.
* Assists with providing education to hospital staff on quality improvement and other issues as required by regulatory agencies.
* Participates in CQI teams as requested, as team member or as facilitator/leader.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* AS degree in Nursing
* Must be licensed in the state of Florida as an RN
* Abstracting experience preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* 3-5 years clinical experience
Last Edited: 08/08/2016