RN Quality Coordinator - Full Time 9/13/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 02560-10910
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
The RN, Quality Coordinator is responsible for the following:
* Responsible for coordinating concurrent and retrospective review related to Core Measures
* Ensures compliance with all regulations or standards relative to CMS and The Joint Commission (TJC) Core Measures and the integration of Core Measures to the clinical areas
* Responsible for review and analysis of information related to all Performance Improvement (PI) and Quality Improvement (QI) activities of the organization
* Responsible to assist Risk Management in the review and analysis of the Occurrence Reporting System
* Assists with selected Patient Safety initiatives as requested
* RN licensure in the state of Louisiana
* Bachelor degree in nursing preferred; relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
* Proficiency with analysis, facilitation and evaluation
* Knowledgeable of CMS and Joint Commission Core measure standards and regulations
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Last Edited: 09/09/2016