RN Radiation Oncology Fulltime 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RN RADIATION ONCOLOGY FULLTIME
Job ID #: 69445
Job Category: RN-Oncology/BMT/Infusion
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Associates Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: September 9, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital is one of the largest and most respected providers of comprehensive cancer services in the Southeast, combining the latest in technology and research with compassionate patient-centered care. The Northside Hospital Cancer Institute offers the best of both worlds: clinical excellence on par with academic-based programs, along with the personalized and attentive care typically associated with a community hospital. Our Program has received an Outstanding Achievement Award as a fully accredited Comprehensive Community Hospital Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeon s Commission on Cancer. Specialty areas include BMT, Women s, Prostate, and Research.
The Northside Hospital Cancer Institute Highlights:
* More cancer cases are diagnosed and treated at Northside than at any other community hospital in Georgia.
* For the sixth consecutive year (2009-14), our Blood & Marrow Transplant Program achieved among the best survival outcomes in the nation for bone marrow transplants.
* More cases of breast cancer are diagnosed and treated at Northside than at any other hospital in the Southeast.
* More cases of gynecologic (cervical, ovarian and uterine) cancer are diagnosed and treated at Northside than at any other hospital in Georgia.
* More prostate cancer treatments are performed at Northside than at any other hospital in Georgia.
* We have a network of more than 32 cancer centers across Georgia.
* We are a STAR Program certified institution, offering evidence-based and best practices cancer rehabilitation care.
* More than 30 oncology nurse navigators and cancer care liaisons offering support throughout your journey.
* We now offer Gamma Knife technology, the latest treatment for malignant and benign brain tumors and functional and vascular disorders.
* We are fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC), and one of only 10 hospitals in the country to receive the CoC s Outstanding Achievement Award for four consecutive surveys
The Radiation Oncology RN will be responsible for managing the patient care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the appropriate division. Consults with the physicians when appropriate on the management of symptoms and on the treatment of radiation including side effects. Maintains high standards with patient education, and coordination of care between other services such as Medical Oncology. Work with Radiation Therapists in Education of patients.
Monday Friday business hours of operation. No weekends. 5 day work week.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period. Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Commitment to quality , compassion , service and patient safety. Prefer the candidate has proven Radiation Oncology Experience. Strong commitment to patient care.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Yes
WORK HOURS: 8a-4:30p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you. If you are ready to advance your career, apply online today to join Northside s team!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.