RN, Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab - EP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
- Responsible for effective management of patient care delivery:
- Completes and documents assessment within period established by policy/procedure.
- Completes and documents reassessment of patient needs according to department standard.
- Initiates, updates and communicates an appropriate multidisciplinary plan of care based on identified problems and/or patient needs.
- Collaborates with patient/family/physician and other disciplines to coordinate the plan of care.
- Administers and documents medications/treatment safely following Medication Administration Policy and Procedure.
- Evaluates patient response to care, revises plan of care as necessary and documents appropriately
- Recognizes change or urgent situations in patient condition and intervenes appropriately.
- Provides patient and/or family with information relative to treatment plan, diagnostic/surgical procedures, disease process, and care after discharge. Initiates collaboration and documents appropriate teaching, considering age, cultural and religious beliefs, and barriers to learning. Evaluates effectiveness of teaching and provides appropriate follow-up.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Delegates duties based on position and level of competence and the complexity of patient's needs.
- Assists team members in preparing the lab before each case; also stocking rooms with pertinentsupplies at the end of each day. Monitors supply use, charges and availability of supplies.
- Provides post catheterization care to patient according to established policy.
- Skilled in radiation safety and monitors safety of personnel.
- Monitors EKG and hemodynamics, prepares appropriate paperwork, checks consents prior to case and when assigned as the monitor person during cases.
- Prepares the patient and assist the cardiologist using sterile technique when assigned as the scrub person during cases. As circulating nurse, administers drugs as ordered by attending cardiologist when needed.
- Monitors status of patient and reports changes in condition to physician.
- Skillfully communicates with team leader and team members to provide quality care.
- Performs Point of Care Testing within scope of licensure; accurately performs testing according to the approved procedure and limits testing to only those tests for which competency has been assessed and operator is deemed qualified by designated trainer.
A. Education/SkillsGraduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. B. ExperienceMinimum of 1 year of experience in a critical care setting required. Prior Cath Lab/EP experience preferred. C. Licenses, Registrations, or CertificationsCurrent registration with the Louisiana State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners. BLS provider, ACLS provider as required by departmental policy.