RN, Registered Nurse - Cardiac Interventional
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
Corpus Christi, TX
A5 is an intermediate care/interventional cardiology unit. We primarily care for cardiac patients admitted from the Cardiac Cath Lab post stent placement, pacemaker placement & peripheral interventions. We also care for patients admitted for post CABG, post Fempop, Unstable Angina, NSTEMI, STEMI & peripheral vascular occlusions. The nurses run critical drips and we maintain a patient ratio of 1:3-1:5 dependent on patient acuity.
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- EKG & NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date