RN, Registered Nurse Case Manager - Case Management
The case manager coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum. Works collaboratively with physicians and other members of the health care team to achieve the highest quality clinical outcomes with the most cost effective use of available resources. Is actively involved with the interdisciplinary process which assesses, plans, implements, monitors and measures the effectiveness of interventions to meet patients' treatment and transitional needs. Provides services to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to offer care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Texas State RN license.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience required.
- Case management, utilization management quality management or discharge planning experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Word processing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical decision making and judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family.