RN, Registered Nurse - Trauma Step-down 9/13/2016
Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress. Participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. Offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- EKG required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date
- ENPC or PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date