RN, Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Conduct patient rounds and utilize the nursing process to provide individualized nursing care by performing nursing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing nursing care, and evaluating the patients/family response to the interventions; and communicate to the other team members, Medical Director and external agencies. Provide supportive care at the IPC to maximize the comfort of the terminally ill patient.
- Maintain regular communication between patient /family, other team members, IPC manager and attending physician to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient/family unit. Attend interdisciplinary (IDT) team meetings and facilitate discussion of patient/family issues and care changes in a concise, thorough manner.
- Maintain current patient records to ensure that problems, plan, actions, and goals are accurately identified and changes are reflected; while evaluating effectiveness.
- Initiate the patient's discharge planning, accept responsibility for coordinating teaching with the primary caregiver, CNAs, other team members and the hospice home care team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrates ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied setting.
Skilled in nursing practice, able to cope with family emotional stress and tolerant of individual lifestyles.
Demonstrates ability to cope with death and dying.
Preferably a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Associates required; at least six months of varied work experience as a health care professional in an acute care setting with hospice experience preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year clinical nursing experience with home care experience preferred or as per state regulations.
C. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Louisiana. Current CPR required.
Knowledge of computer usage and word processing. Excellence in written and verbal communication. Tact and diplomacy in facilitation of relation to staff and the public. Able to prioritize tasks and effectively manages stress and sensitive situations. Computer literacy preferred
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arm; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be knowledgeable of Agency policies, procedures, and organizational structure; must adhere to the policy on Code of Ethical Behavior and our Compliance Plan; must work well with all levels of Associates; must be able to remain calm in the face of irate Clients; and most importantly, must DEMONSTRATE THE CORE VALUES AT ALL TIMES. Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee implied or otherwise.