RN, Registered Nurse - The Birthplace - PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
- Responsible for effective management of mother baby patient care delivery by utilizing the nursing process.
- Completes and documents assessment and reassessment within period established by policy/procedure.
- Initiates, updates, and communicates an appropriate multi-disciplinary plan of care based on identified nursing diagnosis and/or mother/baby response to treatment, and evaluates overall plan.
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain and utilizes appropriate pain management.
- Educates patient and family on plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient and family /practitioners/physician and other disciplines to coordinate the plan of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching and provides appropriate follow up.
- Demonstrates utilization of developmental care, maintains a quiet and clean working environment.
- Always makes sure there is staffing for unit prior to leaving your shift.
- Demonstrates ability to monitor status of mother baby patient and correctly interprets lab/procedure results.
- Assists in maintaining environmental cleanliness, patient logs, administrative reports, glucometer QA, and chart review for completion.
- Assist with supply and equipment maintenance.
- Performs point of care testing within scope of practice.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration for the patient based on the clinical condition, age, weight, and height.
- Administers and documents medications and treatments safely according to policy.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Delegates duties based on position and level of competence and the complexity of the patient's needs.
- Supports departmental surveys by participation .
- Maintains a professional atmosphere during shift by demonstrating excellent communication skills with all personnel.
Education/Skills: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: 1 year of Labor and Deliver/Mother Baby required.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: Current Louisiana RN license. Maintains BLS, NRP certifications, and ACLS if required for position.