- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
* Job Summary:
* As a licensed registered nurse in an outpatient medical practice setting provide family centered culturally sensitive nursing care to children with disabilities and differences in behavior and development at the KCCD. Under the supervision of the physicians of the pediatric development and physiatry programs, must have the ability to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care of children, through the model of Shared Governance. RN will collaborate with all members of the health care team with a focus on promoting evidenced based care, demonstrate and embrace the SERVE core values and have excellent communication, organizational and computer skills. Duties are performed in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing guidelines for a licensed Registered Professional Nurse.
* Bachelor s degree in nursing required.
* Current New Jersey Registered Professional Nurse License required.
* Completion of general hospital orientation, BLS certification and unit based orientation required.
* Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN or RN-BC) preferred.
* Special Skills:
* Effective listening, oral and written communication skills.
* Utilizes critical thinking skills (problem solving, time management, priority setting, planning and clinical reasoning) to safely, efficiently and effectively provide direct patient care in a professional and caring manner.
* Able to perform work accurately with close attention to details. Able to change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. Able to function competently and respond professionally to changing workloads and situations, able to multitask. Ability to work collaboratively with members of the health care team.
* Demonstrates behavior that is patient, courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate toward the patients and families served at the KCCD that is consistent with the Valley Health System s Behavioral Standards and the Valley Health Medical Group s Mission and Vision Statements.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.