RN Shift Supervisor - Obstetrics
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
FAST FACTS ABOUT ST. MARY\'S AND GRAND JUNCTION
* Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
* Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
* 300 days of sunshine
* Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
* Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
* Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
* A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
* The heart of Colorado's wine country
* Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
* Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
* 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
* 346 beds (310 are staffed)
SERVICES & EXPERTISE
* Cardiac & Vascular Services
* Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
* Emergency Services
* Family Medicine Residency
* Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
* Neonatal Intensive Care
* Orthopedics & Spine Center
* Primary Stroke Center
* Regional Blood Center
* Regional Cancer Center
* Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
* Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
Manage department clinical outcomes, costs, and customer satisfaction in the daily care assignments and the operations of the room units. Provide direction and assistance for problem solving, to ensure adequate staffing and material resources are available.
Serves as a resource to staff in resolving patient care or systems issues, such as patient throughput, patient placement, and staffing, temporary support for procedures and trips for diagnostic testing, on a designated shift.
Functions in the charge nurse role for the department. Provides on site supervision of Nursing and tech staff to facilitate operations for assigned shift. Evaluates staffing plan for assigned shift, evaluates acuity and staffing mix needs - assigns float staff and determines low census and call back staff. Determines when call staff are utilized. Makes staffing plan for next shift.
Conducts accurate clinical assessments, identifies and prioritizes patient/ family strengths needs, and priorities, may develop implement and evaluate patients individualized plan of care, and modify plan to meet mutually agreed upon clinical goals and outcomes. Care is consistent with established policies, procedures, standards of care. Identifies the normal course of illness in assigned patient population recognizing and intervening when deviation occurs.
Provide support to new staff members assisting in their transition to the department environment. Provide feedback on performance or education needs to the specific department manager.
Displays respect for patient /family dignity and privacy in all patient family interactions. Establishes and maintains mutual trust within the nurse - patient/ family relationship. Corrects patient service problems promptly and objectively. Listens and acknowledges patient family knowledge of health status and engages their participation in care. Provide for optimum comfort of patient and families utilizing evidenced based approaches.
Promote St. Mary's and department Quality and Safety initiatives such as VAP and ClIP bundle compliance, assessment for risk of hospital acquired conditions such as CAUTI, and support and train staff on Core measures compliance.
Three to four years (Nursing Diploma, Bachelors Degree)
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION
Current Colorado or Compact State RN License