RN Staff Nurse - Primary Care - Secure Messaging Services (1.0 FTE Tukwila)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are hiring three Staff Nurses (1.0 FTE) to join the Secure Messaging Services team. You will have the exciting opportunity to work as an RN on a centralized team delivering quality care to our patients and to support Primary Care secure messages across Group Health.
We receive a large volume of secure messages (patient emails) from our patients in any given week. You will provide virtual care by responding to patient initiated secure emails and give advice, within scope of licensure, to our patients through secure/e-mail messaging using our EMR software, Epic.
In addition to virtual care, you will have the chance to spend two weeks in a Group Health medical center every quarter to provide face-to-face patient care. In the clinics, you will:
* The Registered Nurse is an integral leader of the healthcare team, overseeing and participating in patient assessment and the formulation and implementation of the care plan.
* Provides population management and direct nursing care to patients with chronic and acute care needs, adhering to Group Health ambulatory Nursing Care Standards, the Nursing Code of Ethics and Group Health policies.
* Coordinates and facilitates healthcare services for complex patients as part of an integrated delivery system.
* Act as clinical resource for team members review patient needs, anticipate needs and plan with team.
* Participate in daily huddle, help problem-solve unusual challenges
* Serve as operations resource for care team when needed
* Access and coordinate with community services (Poison Control, DHS, DME, CPS, Lactation services)
* Document in EPIC review and complete work in EPIC In-baskets
* Chronic Care care coordination for medically complex or fragile patients outreach to patients & coordinate follow-up following hospital, SNF or UC/ED discharge, identify high-risk patients using established criteria, coordinate multi-disciplinary team and resources to support patient care needs
* Promote achievement of clinical and service targets/goals (example: HEDIS)
* Acute Care Triage urgent/emergent same day/drop-ins for team, triage and assist with high-risk patients according to infectious disease protocols (chicken pox, pertussis, measles, SARS), manage advice calls for complex/fragile team patients, serve as resource for questions for the Advice LPN and others
* Clinical Functions Content knowledge and skills to intervene as needed, protocol (Standard of Care) and guidelines knowledge and skill to intervene, intravenous therapy, chronic wound care, immunotherapy, chemotherapy/biotherapy
* Prevention Conduct independent nursing visits for patient education and nursing intervention as directed, incorporate prevention: address patient care need gaps into every visit
* Special Needs Anticipate and accommodate age-specific needs (all ages, pediatric, geriatric, etc.), anticipate and accommodate patient disabilities and limitation, access resources for interpretive services
* Computer Literacy Appointment scheduling, e-mail, EPIC/staff messaging
* Oversight of Medication and Immunization programs coordination of flu program, ordering & monitoring immunization and medication stock, ensuring monitoring of medication refrigerators and Crash Cart
* Nursing Management of Urgent/Emergent Situations Familiar with clinic specific emergency procedures, CPR/BLS current card, ACLS or PALS cert as determined by care setting standards, participate in emergency team response, code blue, post code management, emergency transport coordination
* Nursing Management of Trauma Identify and triage major traumas (severe, life-threatening, in need of resuscitation or emergency services), minor traumas (bites, injuries of bone, eye, ear, mouth, nose, teeth, finger, extremities, genitalia), aware of injury prevention resources and materials, patient preparation for laceration repair, perform burn care, perform eye irrigation, perform cast removal, instruct patients in post-injury care
* Pediatrics Patient Assessment and Care Routine: Age specific competencies, nursing management in newborn care, immunizations, pediatric fever, dehydration, common childhood rashes and illnesses, asthma respiratory illness
* Pediatric Assessment and Care Advanced: Nursing management of pediatric behavior issues, lactation issues, ADHD, diabetes.
Your primary work location is at our Administrative South Building along East Marginal Way in Tukwila, WA. Quarterly travel to the clinics are to be determined.
There is parking on-site at no cost, and transit and vanpool options available with our subsidized ORCA pass at $38/year.
Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 6:00PM (variable).
October/November Secure Messaging Services is launching this fall. Dont wait to submit your application! We are currently interviewing.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing.
Minimum Education Requirements
Associates Degree Nursing Degree from an accredited program.
Bachelors Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Intermediate Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
Minimum Experience Requirements
1 year of experience.
Other Experience Ambulatory care nursing experience. Primary nursing or case-management experience.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire Current Washington State RN License.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E