RN Supervisor NICU NIGHTS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25121-83982
Nights (rotating weekends)
Medical Center Alliance
RN Registered Nurse Supervisor NICU
FULL TIME, NIGHTS
Conveniently located on the east side of I-35W, near the intersection of U.S. 81 and 287, Medical Center Alliance will serve families from Fort Worth, Keller, Haslet, and surrounding communities. As a part of the Medical City-HCA network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to the best specialist and latest innovations
The RN (Registered Nurse) NICU Supervisor:
* Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
* Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
* Responsible for the care and treatment of the neonatal patient from birth (attending high risk deliveries in the delivery room as well as in the operating room) to the continuum of care in the NICU (i.e. ventilator management, care and maintenance of central and peripheral IVS), medication administration, feeding strategies, and discharge teaching.
* Follow the unit protocols and guidelines in promoting safe delivery of care and maintaining an infection free environment for the neonate.
* Provide supportive care to the families of the patients.
* Associate s degree required; BSN preferred. BSN will be required within 3 years of employment.
* Professional Nursing Organization Membership encouraged.
* Certification in High Risk Neonatal Nursing encouraged.
* Minimum of one year level III NICU experience
* Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire
* Current BLS required
* Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) required
* S.T.A.B.L.E. certification required within first 6 months of hire
Last Edited: 11/08/2016