RN Surgery (Bluffton)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach, and evaluate nursing care; to ensure quality and efficiency according to established policies and procedures, and especially the performance of job-related technical skills.
Duty 1: Assumes an active role in keeping informed regarding changes in policies, surgical procedures and equipment.
Duty 2: Supports the implementation of clinical changes and evidence based practices.
Duty 3: Tailors nursing care to meet the age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care.
Duty 4: Demonstrates knowledge of care standards that reflect professional and JCAHO guidelines for care and recognizes personal accountability for the guidelines
Duty 5: Functions as a team member and works collaboratively and interdependently in the circulator and scrub nurse roles.
Duty 6: Demonstrates appropriate isolation techniques and procedures in accordance with universal precautions to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge in correct use of all forms and documentation utilized in the day to day operations of the department.
Duty 8: Maintains an awareness and demonstrates an understanding of the surgical patient s need for comfort, positioning, safety and follows through to provide needed services.
Duty 9: Demonstrates cost effective awareness and practices efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and equipment.
Duty10: Assures patient s rights to confidentiality of care and treatment.
* Graduate of ANA approved school of nursing
* Licensed by State of Ohio Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration
* Knowledge of instruments and medically related equipment for surgical and endoscopic procedures
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
* Special Care experience and ACLS certification
* Experience in surgery, minor surgery, endoscopy or emergency room nursing
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in sitting, walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, finger dexterity and fine manipulation. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulder, and be able to use foot controls. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens. (HBV, HIV, etc.).