RN - Surgical Stepdown - Per Diem - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
East Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Participates in development and evaluation of nursing practices provided in the clinical setting and the overall function of the clinical area
* This includes planning and provision of comprehensive nursing care to a specific group of patients and delivery of medical regimens prescribed for those patients by a licensed physician, and participation in the identification and resolution of nursing practice and unit problems
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s) : All, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Graduate of a state approved school of professional nursing and /or college required.
* BSN required.
* One or more years RN experience in a clinical setting required
* Post-Operative Cardio Thoracic monitoring experience preferred
* Current PA RN License, active and in good standing is required
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association (BLS) required
* ACLS is preferred
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk, sit, stand for long periods of time. Frequently lifts, pulls, pushes and moves various weights (patients and equipment). Requires manual dexterity for operating equipment and supplies.
* Visual Requirements: Must be able to see charts, read numbers from a distance, and read small print and have visual dexterity to work with computers.
* Hearing Requirements: Must be able to complete assessments using a stethoscope, hear on the phone and hear general conversation
* Working Conditions: Clinical floor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.