This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAT A GLANCE:
Seeking a REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) with current license to practice professional nursing in CA. Must be CPR Licensed, a driver with insurance, and have at least 1year of experience working with individuals with disabilities. RN will be traveling to residential locations (where 3-4 patients reside) to do assessments of patients to determine home health or hospice needs. RN provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illnesses. Develops a care plan with goals, based on diagnosis and incorporates nursing care. Writes plan of care, re-evaluates needs, and participates in revising plans as needed. Administers medication and rehabilitation needs, and interacts with family, patient, physicians, and staff. Must pass a fingerprint background check . Territory will include on average 15-20 patients and RN will travel30-40% in Visalia/Tulare region (93291 & 93274). Lap top and cell phone are provided. Mileage will be reimbursed. Salary is highly competitive and negotiable.
OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. JOB IDENTIFICATION:
* Title: Registered Nurse
* Reports To: Area Manager
* Salary: HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY
* Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Vacation and Holiday Pay
* Corporate discounts
* Continue education reimbursement
* Mileage reimbursement
* Relocation reimbursement
* Lap Top
* Cell phone w/ Data
2. JOB SUMMARY The Registered Nurse supports the residents' and participants' health needs such as administering medications, performing injections and g-tube insertions. This position is responsible to monitor and observe any changes to behaviors and conditions in order to maintain the well-being of the individuals. To serve as an advocate and support their daily living needs and goals per the Individual Program Plan.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of state and federal laws
* Knowledge of regional center, department of social services, department of developmental services, and state council on developmental disabilities
* Knowledge of dual diagnosis
* Knowledge of Title 17 and 22
* Knowledge of Individual Program Plans
* Knowledge of behavior interventions
* Knowledge of nursing interventions
* Knowledge of emergency disaster protocol
* Knowledge of abuse reporting protocol
* Ability to administer gastrostomy tubes and shots
* Ability to work with a diverse population
* Ability to work with clients with interfering behaviors
* Ability to administer medications and treatments
4. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Must have a valid Registered Nurselicense
* CPI certification
* DSP I and DSP II certificates preferred
* Must have at least six months experience as a Registered Nurse in a residential care facility or similar field.
* Must have at least one year experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities.
5. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Administer medications to individuals and follow the five rights for verification purposes
* Attend residents' doctor appointments and address any concerns and changes with the attending physician
* Assist individuals with activities of daily living such as bathing, cleaning, preparing meals, grooming, cooking, cleaning etc.
* Assess residents' and participants' wounds, help with dressing change and breathing treatments, as needed
* Audit all medications during a new medication cycle and check the five rights for verification
* Perform g-tube insertions for feeding to individuals, as necessary
* Perform intramuscular injections when necessary
* Evaluate residents' and participants' level of consciousness, neurological factors, and whether they are responsive and oriented post seizure and/or any traumatic episodes
* Redirect in the event of a behavioral episode and continue to support and listen to individual's needs
* Complete and update client notes system on a daily basis. Observe and report any unusual behaviors and injuries so both *Behavior Consultant and Administrator are fully informed
* Assess and identify sign and symptoms of infections (early and late signs)
* Perform basic physical review such as checking for vital signs, (understanding normal and abnormal measures) and head to toe assessments