ROBUST PROCESS IMROVEMENT SPEC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Facilitates the work of process improvement teams as they apply all phases of the DMAIC model for continuous improvement: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control
* Maintains effective communication and working relationships with designated physician and administrative team leaders, project team members, team members from Organizational Effectiveness, team members from Risk Management, team members from Patient Safety, and others throughout the system
* Produces work products such as team charters, high level process maps, detailed process maps, data collection plans, fishbone diagrams, Pareto charts, box and whisker plots, statistical process control charts, control plans, and other documents required for team success
* Participates in root cause analyses, hypothesis testing, waste walks, value stream mapping, and other improvement tools as needed
* Develops an understanding of the various data sources within and outside of the Meridian Health System in order to ensure data are collected, analyzed, and reported in as efficient and effective manner as possible
* Assists in the development of team member education materials, tool kits, communication materials, and other documents needed for team success
* Supports literature reviews, evidence-based guideline/protocol reviews, and other investigative work required by teams
* Trains members of teams and others on tools that he/she uses to accomplish the work of the team
* Continuously looks for opportunities to reduce waste and variation, standardize processes, and capture data more systematically. Shares opportunities to improve Meridian s pillars of excellence with leaders: Quality, Service, Financial, People, and Growth.
* Continuously keeps oneself abreast of advances in the areas of HRO, RPI, change management, culture of quality and safety, lean six sigma, six sigma, and PDCA
* Baccalaureate degree required. Degree in engineering, healthcare, management science/operations research, organizational development, or statistics is highly desirable.
* Minimum of three years of experience in improving processes, preferably using Lean and/or Six Sigma tools
* Demonstrated success in facilitating improvement projects with demonstrable and sustained outcomes preferred
* Proven passion and drive to ensuring projects are facilitated well
* Certificate and/or Certification in Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma, or Six Sigma Black Belt by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) or equivalent preferred. Certificate in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt required with 12 months of hire for individuals without current certification as a green belt, black belt, or lean six sigma expert.
* Experience working in one or more areas preferred, such as hospitals, home care, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, surgery centers, physician practices, and other settings where care across Meridian is delivered.
* Project management certification preferred
* Holds a valid motor vehicle operator s license
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects on time and with success (strong project management skills)
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint required; Access, Visio, and Project preferred)
* Experience with QI Macros or other PI tools preferred
* Experience with statistical software preferred (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Strata)
* Ability to transfer knowledge to others (e.g., just-in-time training of statistical process control and other tools)
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
* Ability to work within and across settings that span the full continuum of care (i.e., not just acute care hospitals)
* Ability to work collaboratively with project sponsors, team leaders, team members, content experts, and others
* Ability to learn business intelligence programs such as Business Objects and Tableau (used to analyze Meridian s data warehouses)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.