Radiation Therapist I Per Diem Day Shift 2 Openings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Radiation Therapist I \- Per Diem / Day Shift \(2 Openings\) Department:
Radiation Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
6826 Job Title:
Radiation Therapist \(Per Diem\) Shift:
All openings are Per Diem /Days Departments:
Radiation Oncology Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The person in this role provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by physician according to established standards and practices\. Therapy may consist of any or all of the following procedures:
IMRT \(Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy\), SRS \(Stereotactic Radiation Surgery\), TBI \(Total Body Irradiation Therapy\), TBE \(Total Body Skin Electrons Therapy\), IORT \(Intra\-Operative Radiation Therapy\) or CT based simulation\. This role may also function as Clinical Instructor and Supervisor of Therapy Students\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in an accredited Radiation Therapy Education Program\. +
* Minimum Experience:
* up to 3 years of related experience\. +
* Req\. Certification/Licensure:
* Licensed by California State Department of Health \(Certified in Radiation Therapy\)\. Registration by ARRT plus 24 month course in radiologic technology; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) certification \(adult & pediatric\)\.
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .