This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
This is a PRN Position
Radiology Aide/Student Technologist works under direct supervision of a licensed Ultrasound Technologist, Lead Technologist, and /or Manager. Duties may vary from performing supervised exams to clerical duties and other supportive duties as requested.
* Coordinates work with technologist, as directed to produce quality exams for diagnosis.
* Works cooperatively, as part of the team, to maintain a work environment that promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
* Maintains supply levels and logs requests for supply order.
* Accurately completes examinations in RIS as directed.
* Regularly reviews the hospital and departmental policies and procedures and works within guidelines.
* Cleans and disinfects equipment and room after each use accordance to Infection Control policies.
* Presents a polish, Professional image and deameanor at work in accordance with Methodist Experence Service Standads.
* Demonstates the component of the I CARE values statement.
* Works in ancillary/support areas of departmental initially, and thereafter, as needed.
* Demonstrates continuous learning and growth in ultrasound field.
* Incorporates feedback into performance improvements.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Enrolled in a CAHEA accredited school of Ultrasound Technologist
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Required Certificates: CPR
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to function as a professional and perform high quality Ultrasound exams commensurate with extent of training. Basic patient care skill, strong verbal, time management and organizational skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.