Radiology Application Specialist - PACS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
Responsible for the day-to-day applications-level support of RIS, PACS, and Dictation systems including modality workflow, image archiving, quality assurance of data, applications training and other user-related activities. Reports to Medical Imaging PACS Administrator and works closely with other Systems Technology Service Center (STSC) analysts, Department Managers, and physicians to ensure proper operation of digital image data transfer into the PACS, RIS validation and posting of dictated results. The main roles of this position include training, operations support and managing customer relationships with respect to imaging information (radiology orders, results, and digital images).
* Associates Degree in Radiology Technology or 2 years experience in a health related field. Related field is preferred Two or more years of related experience in radiology operations in a comparably sized hospital setting.
* Strong modality operation background along with radiology workflow knowledge and assessment abilities
* Two years experience in process redesign/ workflow analysis, policy and procedure development, training, testing or education
* Excellent attention to detail and applications training skills
* Excellent written/oral communications skills required. Must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people
* Registered Technologist (RT) preferred
* Bachelors Degree in Radiology Technology, or Information system or related field
* Prior experience with DICOM connectivity between modalities and PACS
* Prior experience with a major PACS vendor
* Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP)