Radiology Informatics Tech
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Beth Israel Deaconess... Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston, MA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Under the direction of the Radiology Informatics Manager, performs duties designed to maximize the efficient and effective use of the PACS (Picture Archiving and Communications System). Emphasis will be on System Availability, Data Integrity, Response Time, User Training, Security Maintenance, Equipment QC, and System Integration.
Essential Responsibilities: - Provide first-line support for user questions and problem resolution, both hardware and software related whih ncludes on-site visits with hands-on problem resolution
- Works closely with Telecomm, Network Services and other areas of CareGroup IS to ensure coordination and integration with hospital/CareGroup systems and networks
- Initiates repair calls. Follows through on repair status. Maintains log of equipment failures and repairs for analysis
- Performs QC tasks on reading workstations and other equipment as directed by the Radiology Informatics Manager and approved by Radiology Physics.
- Works closely with the vendor in developing and executing database backup schemes including rotation and offsite storage.
Required Qualifications: - High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or Radiological Technology
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with radiologic workflows and the effect of information systems on those workflows is highly desirable
- Experience with a relational database (e.g. SYBASE) preferred
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Preferred Qualifications:- Good oral and written communications skills
- Customer Service orientation and enthusiasm
Competencies:- Written Communications:
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:
Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:
Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service:
Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Department DescriptionThe Radiology Informatics section at BIDMC is comprised of a team of 5 staff members who are responsible for the day to day operation of our PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System), RIS (Radiology Information System), and Speech Recognition software (soon to go live). They provide 24/7 support to end users at the Medical Center on both campuses as well as to all offsite facilities that utilize our Informatics systems. This includes BID-Needham, 25 Boylston Street, 1101 Beacon Street, Lexington and Chelsea Radiology. In addition, the team works on all projects that involve the connection of Radiology equipment (i.e. PACS Workstations, CT Scanners, Ultrasound Units, MRI, Angiography equipment, to name a few) to the hospital network. This work is carried out in close collaboration with our Information Systems Department.