Radiology Services Representative -60776
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Radiology Services Representative (60776)
Education and Experience:
* High School or equivalent level of education.
* Two (2) years relevant experience.
* Responsible for scheduling all Radiology procedures which includes gathering, entering and scanning orders into EPIC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Coordinates incoming requests for Radiology Services relative to room allocation, supplies, and technologist and Radiologist availability.
Communicates consistently and accurately with Technologists relative to scheduling and reporting activities.
Schedules inpatients and outpatients in accordance with scheduling guidelines, with the ability to prioritize according to patient needs.
Returns scheduling calls promptly and courteously.
Identifies and communicates need for scheduling modifications and development.
Communicates perceived problem issues to Radiology Manager.
* Consults with physician s office to ensure written orders are obtained as needed. Verifies written orders with physician for accuracy and ensures that written orders match schedules.
Upon receiving the written order, verifies completeness, notifying ordering physician of any inaccuracies.
Creates order in EPIC and then scans order into EPIC in a timely manner once received via mail or fax.
Performs daily audits to verify receipt of written orders, notifying ordering physician when one has not been received.
* Obtain a complete patient data set when scheduling procedures in support of hospital s revenue cycle.
Assists in ensuring all outpatient procedures meet medical necessity requirements prior to scheduling the procedure.
* Screens telephone calls and ensure accurate and timely communication.
Inform appropriate personnel of patient arrival for appointment.
Answers all phone calls in a timely and courteous manner, identifying self and unit at all times.
Screens, evaluates, and prioritizes all incoming telephone calls in such a way that urgent situations related to the provision of patient care are handled in an appropriate manner.
Refers phone calls to proper personnel in a timely manner.
Receives and responds to patient and staff needs and complaints appropriately within the realm of the patient care environment, involving department Managers and patient representative as needed.
Ensures phone mail status is appropriate at all times. Follows up or forwards phone mail messages in a timely fashion.
Participates in rotation for coverage of the reception area to help facilitate coverage.
* Aids in effective utilization of staff and equipment.
Calls outpatients the day before their scheduled appointment verifying their commitment and rescheduling when appropriate.
Assists with identifying potential available patients to be rescheduled during scheduling crisis, and attempts to contact patient when necessary.
Communicates required patient preps to referring physician s representative at time of scheduling.
Demonstrates ability to work in multiple sections of Radiology including but not limited to POC Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Breast Care Center and Radiology Front Desk.
Performs Patient Registration as appropriate.
* Assures that the printers, copier, and computers receive proper maintenance (ex. toner kits, printer paper, copier paper, etc.) to allow for their continued operation.
* Maintains a level of supplies needed for scheduling area by notifying Radiology Manager of any shortages (i.e. letterhead, envelopes, etc.)
* Continually seeks education and training opportunities.
* Participates in on-going education activities to develop, maintain, and enhance professional expertise as monitored by supervision.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift, push, or pull a minimum of 20 pounds.
Hearing (aid permitted) must be able to function without use of lip reading.
Visual acuity (corrected) keen for both distant and near objects/individuals (i.e. ability to read small print)
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working closely with others
Normal office setting with electrical equipment (i.e. telephone, personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Possesses the interpersonal skills to positively and effectively communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
* Motivation and drive for continuous development of self.
* Cooperatively interacts with the health care team to support and contribute to the shared group goals.
* Ability to type 25 wpm preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.