Radiology Special Procedures RN -18 hrs/wk.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Radiology Nurse is to assess, plan and direct, administer, teach, and evaluate nursing care. Also, to ensure quality effectiveness and efficiency in the Radiology Department.
* Duty 1: RN demonstrates understanding of the function of the Imaging department as a whole and as separate departments with good cost conscious judgment in the use of equipment and supplies. Cross functions in other areas as needed for our patients and their families.
* Duty 2: RN will assist in preparing procedure rooms with needed supplies prior to starting the procedures and demonstrates knowledge of nursing procedures and nursing care as it relates to the Imaging department.
* Duty 3: RN will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate patient care, documentation in emergency and non-emergency situations.
* Duty 4: RN assists with IV access as needed on patients. RN is responsible for maintaining all I.V. s on patients while in the Imaging department, prepares and administers medication as directed by the Physician for analgesia, sedation or contrast reaction with monitoring of patient with appropriate documentation as applicable.
* Duty 5: RN will facilitate communication between Physicians and department staff and coordinates the scheduling of special procedures. Tracks interventions and outcomes as required, recommends process improvements as necessary in order to become more efficient and/or create a better patient experience.
* Duty 6: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Graduate of an approved school of Nursing
* Current Ohio RN License
* BVHS RN s BLS, ACLS, PALS required. EWOC RN s BLS required.
* Background and familiarity with personal computers; possess the ability to communicate orally and in writing; work effectively in a team environment; have excellent interpersonal skills; possess knowledge of community resources, hospital processes, structure, and function.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area s policies and procedures.
* Minimal 1 year of experience in ICU/CCU or ER preferred
* Experience in radiology department
* Experience with radiology procedures
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individual to lift work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)