Radiology Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRADIOLOGY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Job ID #: 68377
Job Category: Radiology
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: August 11, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital is highly respected throughout metro Atlanta for its state-of-the-art imaging services and is ranked No. 1 by Atlanta consumers. Northside was the first in Atlanta to offer breast tomosynthesis, also known as 3D mammography, the latest tool in the fight against breast cancer, and is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. Northside s vast network of convenient imaging centers offers a comprehensive array of advanced technology in a variety of subspecialties, including women s imaging, pediatric imaging, cancer, neuroradiology, orthopedics and interventional radiology. Each center offers a dedicated team of board-certified, specialty trained radiologists, leading-edge technology and a caring compassionate staff that is committed to patient safety and comfort.
Responsible for planning, designing and implementing improvements to Radiology s computerized systems. Continually improves the operations, stability, and performance of PACS while minimizing downtime. Serves as lead technical expert in resolving radiology systems issues. Supervises radiology systems staff and provides coaching and training to the systems staff and end-users. Develops detailed capital plans and provides expertise during vendor negotiations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises radiology systems staff and provides expertise and coaching to deepen their knowledge of the radiology systems and enhance their troubleshooting skills.
* Plans, designs and implements hardware and software upgrades to Radiology systems including PACS, One-Call, and MRS.
* Responsible for other radiology systems such as STAR, ImageFreeway, Radiology Workflow, NMIS, KinetDx, and others.
* Develops and adjusts long-term plans for Radiology s Enterprise-wide PACS infrastructure including archiving and redundant storage strategies. These plans provide a roadmap for Radiology s continued evolution to a filmless, paperless environment.
* Oversees the integration of new modalities and facilities to the PACS environment.
* Continually monitors performance of the PACS environment and quickly addresses identified issues. Documents when system performance deviates from established thresholds and pursues remedies from vendor as provided in service contract.
* Analyzes the PACS infrastructure s ability to accommodate planned additions of new modalities, scanner upgrades, etc. without adversely impacting overall system performance.
* Develops, communicates, and continually updates detailed contingency plans to enable reading of radiology studies during extended PACS downtimes.
* Works closely with IS to design optimal network topology to minimize impact on PACS operations during network outages.
* Serves as lead technical expert and coordinates radiology system and vendor resources to quickly resolve system outages
* Develops detailed capital plans for radiology system expenditures and provides expertise during negotiation of equipment purchases and service contracts
* Works closely with radiologists and other end-users to identify workflow and other operational improvements. Coordinates special projects arising from recommended improvement initiatives.
* Remains abreast of latest technology advancements in radiology-related systems and prepares recommendations for system upgrades and new implementations to radiology management.
* Oversees the scheduling and completion of system maintenance tasks.
* Provides training and coaching to system end-users.
* Provides on-call support to troubleshoot and resolve critical system issues as required.
* Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/patient/visitor injury accident to Manager.
Bachelor s degree. Five (5) years project management experience overseeing complex system implementations. Strong communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills. Exceptional analytical and technical troubleshooting skills. Previous supervisory experience (including budgeting and personnel evaluation). Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment of constantly shifting priorities. Preferred: Experience with networking hardware and applications. Five (5) years demonstrated experience implementing and supporting PACS or other systems in a hospital environment.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 8a-4:30p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you. If you are ready to advance your career, apply online today to join Northside s team!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.