This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Summary/Overview:
The Radiology Technologist uses ionizing radiation to produce images of tissues, organs, bones, and vessels that assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Secures diagnostic images through the use of equipment and techniques to provide comprehensive care appropriate for the age of the patients served.
* Positions patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
* Complies with policies and regulations regarding patient positioning, exposure technique, radiation protection, and image processing.
* May use DEXA (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry) scanner to perform osteoporosis testing scans involving the spine, hip, forearm, and whole body if properly trained and maintains current certification to use the DEXA scanner.
* Contributes to the team approach in order to provide the best possible patient care.
* Responds to patient and family educational needs.
* Works in accordance with all accreditation standards and protocols, as well as state and federal regulations.
* Follows department exam protocol for radiation protection standards.
* Completes mandatory competencies, courses, and maintains licensure, certifications, and accreditations, as applicable.
* Maintains standards of performance.
* Promotes excellent customer service.
* Attends staff meetings or keeps current by reviewing minutes to meetings.
* Supports the Radiology Manager with strategic development of radiology services to meet the changing needs of our customers and ensure continued growth of services.
* Assists in development and initiation of procedures for efficient operation of the unit.
* Promotes effective intradepartmental and extra departmental relationships.
* Complies with departmental policy and procedures.
* Ensures compliance with patient quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups ranging from neonate to geriatric.
* Accurately documents patient medical information.
* Keeps abreast of latest trends in radiology.
* Follows patient identification protocol.
* Assists in the evaluation of new imaging equipment, as needed.
* Interacts professionally with patients, vendors, co-workers and medical staff.
* Acts as a preceptor for new employees.
* Trains students, interns, and externs, as needed.
* Maintains and supports patients rights to care, privacy, and respect.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
* Currently registered as ARRT(R) required.
* Current licensure as a Radiologic Technologist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
* BLS healthcare provider required.
* Strong communication and customer service skills.
* Must be computer proficient including PACS and RIS.
Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 25 pounds with 50 pounds maximum. Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, fine manipulation, and finger dexterity. Regular exposure to radiation. Possible exposure to blood and other body fluids
Clinical Setting. Regular contact with adult and elderly patients. Equal Opportunity Employer