Radiology Technologist - Rad Tech - MRI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
Operates radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray films as prescribed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
* Produces x-ray images of specified body areas as directed by the physician or radiologist ensuring clear and undistorted films. Positions and instructs patients regarding x-ray procedures.
* Performs x-ray procedures using portable machine as requested by Emergency Department and nursing units.
* Processes films for radiologists reading/interpretation following established procedures.
* Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies and wiping off tables and equipment ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
* Protects patients from undue exposure to radiation by using lead shields and various safety factors.
* Prepares and assists in administering contrast agents by monitoring dosages and determining any potential allergies ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures.
* Maintain patient information as needed by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.
* Maintains imaging and processing equipment by performing scheduled cleanings and tests and documenting results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervision of malfunctioning equipment.
* Performs other duties as needed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Successful completion of an approved radiological training program and the ability to meet the requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), required
* Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred