- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Radiology Technologist for ESWL, Philadelphia
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The role of an ESWL Technician is to prepare and ensure that Lithotripsy and Fluoroscopy equipment is operating properly, and meets all required state and federal regulatory and safety standards. Under the supervision of the treating physician, the ESWL Technician performs Lithotripsy procedures and utilizes the Lithotripter and CARM as directed by the physician. ESWL Technicians are required to maintain a professional relationship with all physicians and hospital staff. An ESWL Technician will hold themselves to the UHS professional standards of behavior and appearance. The ESWL Technician is required to maintain accurate medical and fluoroscopy records, and abide by the performance requirements of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Develops and maintains good business relationships with various physicians and hospital staff. Practices good customer service using cooperation and courtesy and maintains ethical and confidential relationships with physicians, hospital staff, UHS associates and its vendors.
* Ensures safety of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
* Interfaces regularly with the Scheduling Department to ensure smooth case load schedules.
* Demonstrates competence in assisting the Urologist in the identification of calculi and accurately positioning each individual patient and selecting proper technical factors of each during the lithotripsy procedure. Patient Population neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatrics.
* Responsible for optimum radiographic equipment function and keeping patient exposures to a minimum without interfering with optimal treatment. Confirms patient information entered into unit logs is complete and accurate and ensures all procedures performed are properly charged and recorded prior to being sent to the main office. Maintains Daily Treatment Records.
* Regularly checks equipment to ensure it is maintained in proper working condition and promptly reports any problems to the Director of Operations. Assists in the scheduling of equipment, and truck maintenance as required either as an individual or with team members.
* Follows all company-related policies in relation to set-up/breakdown of equipment at the beginning and end of each case.
* Loads, unloads, and transfers the Lithotripter, corresponding components, and any necessary supplies from the transport vehicle to and from the designated procedure area if applicable.
* Assists in developing the skills of other staff members and cross-trains in other ancillaryareas such as performing the duties of a Laser Technician as requested by the Director of Operations.
* Fully understands and adheres to hospital emergency, safety, infection control and other hospital policies and procedures.
* Performs other work related duties as required and assigned. Works independently and with minimal supervision.
* Travels inside or outside of assigned geography or region as needed; overnight travel required as needed.
* Processes vehicle USDOT Forms and Logs, equipment logs and time cards are processed accurately and on time.
* Checks voicemails and e-mails daily and frequently throughout the day, as per company policy to ensure timely communication.
* Keeps abreast of trends in ESWL/Lithotripsy technology and related techniques.
* Maintains certification as required through continued education.
* Attends meetings and in-services.
* Takes surgical cases as scheduled and take equal share of on-call, both weekend and weekday.
* Processes all paperwork (i.e. Worker Orders, Purchase Orders, and Inventory) in a timely and accurate manner.
* Obtains facility Purchase Orders.
* Closes cases in the scheduling system daily.
* Reports to work on time and on a regular basis. All technicians are required to be at their assigned customer location at least one hour prior to the start of any scheduled procedure.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
* College graduate.
* Completion of an AMA (American Medical Association) approved school of Radiologic technologist training program
* Registration with and in good standing with the ARRT.
* Appropriate state(s) licenses as required by law and operational needs.
* Maintain and provide evidence of current CPR certification.
* Annual TB screening required.
* Maintain and complete current HIPAA training and requirements.
* Complete and maintaining current company regulatory courses.
* Must meet USDOT Driver requirements and must have a safe driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an ESWL Technician, you must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds and push or pull seventy-five (75) pounds. A technician is required to load and unload equipment at various locations. A technician may be required to sit for long periods of time as well as being able to bend and reach repetitively.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Philadelphia - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Totowa - District site
Universal Hospital Services