Rail Signal Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Work under the direction of a Senior Signal Engineer designing railway and transit signal and communications systems. Responsibilities Include:
Perform detailed train control system application design including
1. Hardware applications
2. Software applications
3. Control Lines and Aspect Charts
4. Calculation of approach times and distances, braking distances, electrical loads, etc.
Review and prepare technical documentation including
Review construction submittals for compliance with contract documents and industry standards
Prepare contract documentation including plans and specifications for train control system construction contracts
Prepare construction cost estimates for train control system work
Project management and coordination
1. Liaise with client on a regular basis and address client needs
2. Prepare design and construction schedules
3. Coordinate acitivities with vendors, contractors, other consultants and clients
4. Coordinate with third parties like utilities, regulatory authorities and municipal organizations
5. Monitor performance against budget and schedule
Candidate Specification Requires experience with train control technology including relay applications, vital and non-vital microprocessor hardware and software applications, track circuits, signals and switch machines.
Experience with audio frequency track circuits and cab signals
Experience with railroad and transit communications systems. Results oriented.
Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
Must be familiar with train control industry standards, FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines
Minimum of 5 years of responsible in charge experience with train control and communications system design and implementation
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals