Rapid Response Officer - Armed
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
RAPID RESPONSE OFFICER - ARMED
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Universal Protection Service is seeking experienced professional security personnel. As a Rapid Response Officer, you will provide armed, uniformed security to a variety of assigned clients. The ideal candidate for the Rapid Response Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people.
The successful Rapid Response Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Patrolling interior and exterior areas of assigned locations;
* Reporting suspicious activities and persons;
* Writing detailed narrative reports, maintaining daily activity reports (DARs);
* Maintaining access control through an admittance process;
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility;
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations;
* Being physically fit and able to perform under arduous conditions.
Qualified applicants for the Rapid Response Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required;
* Military background, reserve duty or law enforcement experience highly preferred;
* Exceptional customer service as well as proficient verbal and written communication skills required;
* Able to obtain and maintain a DoD-issued SECRET clearance;
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of required license(s) and must carry the license(s) at all times while on duty.
* Must have valid gun/weapons license(s) - weapons will be provided while on duty;
* Must be able to pass a physical agility assessment initially and annually thereafter;
* Must be weapons trained and be able to pass a minimum performance standards test in various weapons on a quarterly basis and must be able to complete advanced training requirements;
* Must pass an MMPI;
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards;
* Must have open availability and a strong sense of urgency;
* Must be trainable for multiple locations;
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment, if working in a state where Guard license is required;
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test;
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet, asphalt, grass, uneven terrain);
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift;
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties;
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds;
* Run as needed;
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks;
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination;
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones;
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments;
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills;
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions;
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. #LI-JC1
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days