Real Estate Acquisition Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
Check out our Corporate and Field Services recruitment videos. Cut and past the URL's to watch....
Corporate video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch*v=s3mjhbOb8R0
A Day in the Life of a Tower Climber: https://www.youtube.com/watch*v=oKBCzwX45-M
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams* We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
*Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
*Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
*Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
*Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
*Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
*Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
*Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Responsible for qualifying leads, contacting landlords and successfully negotiating Real Estate related transactions within acceptable parameters as set forth by Management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Negotiate easements, land acquisitions, lease amendments with client landowners, while maintaining favorable relationships regardless of sales outcome.
* Evaluate ground/access agreements to identify potential issues and relevant financial considerations to determine best negotiation approach.
* Successfully negotiate and communicate with existing customers to acquire a long-term interest based on predetermined investment criteria.
* Negotiate rent restructures and new lease terms for negative revenue or low margin sites that are owned, leased and subleased.
* Self-motivated to maintain high phone contact rates with customers coupled with time management skills to monitor submitted transactions through closing.
* Coordinate with other departments/personnel to facilitate ground area expansions and other site related transactions.
* Manage assigned portfolio of tower sites and maintain accurate site notes using internal Customer Relationship Management software.
* Verify accuracy of payments and expiration dates of lease agreements.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* HS Diploma/ GED required.
* Bachelor s degree in Business preferred.
* 3 years minimum of consumer sales experience preferably in real estate negotiation, wireless industry sales or acquisition related transactions.
* Familiarity with a variety of practices and procedures associated with Real Estate including, but not limited to, subdivision, taxes and zoning.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Ability to read and comprehend documents such as ground leases, easements, deeds and subordination non-disturbance agreements.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
* Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
* Sitting 75% of the day.
* Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
* Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
* Ability to stoop and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Moderate noise level.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..