Real Estate Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Mass Bay Staffing Group
North Andover, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client a leading Greater Boston Real Estate Developer is seeking a professional to run the transactional accounting function of the company.
* Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
* Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objective
* Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
* Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
* Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
* Process payroll in a timely manner
* Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
* Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
* Maintain the chart of accounts
* Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
* Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
* Issue timely and complete financial statements
* Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
* Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
* Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
* Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
* Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
* Provide for a system of management cost reports
* Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
* Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
* Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
* Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience.