Real Estate Legal Counsel 8/10/2016
Century Communities, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Century Communities, Inc., a top U.S. Homebuilder traded on the NYSE under CCS and based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, is seeking a Real Estate Legal Counsel with extensive experience in real estate transactions, including drafting legal transaction documents.
THIS POSITION WORKS CLOSELY WITH CORPORATE COUNSEL AND DIVISION-LEVEL EXECUTIVES ON LAND ACQUISITIONS AND PURCHASES IN TEXAS AND COLORADO.
* Oversight of Texas real estate transactions; conducting title review and performing due diligence on prospective land purchases; preparing and reviewing land purchase / acquisition contracts, and coordinating Texas closings
* Preparing and reviewing a variety of general contracts, master consulting and vendor contracts, and retail sales contracts and disclosures, as well as due diligence and contract summary reports
* Managing contract compliance, insurance certificate collections/review, and wrap insurance policies
* Coordinating activities with risk engineers and external service providers
* Working closely with Corporate Counsel on all other legal matters
KNOWLDEGE AND SKILLS
* Ability to efficiently draft all forms of contracts and memoranda
* Ability to write business and legal reports and correspondence
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Ability to effectively identify, analyze and advise on project and business risks
* Ability to respond to inquiries from internal departments, as well as regulatory agencies, customers and the business community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* LAW DEGREE WITH ADMISSION TO BOTH THE TEXAS AND COLORADO STATE BARS PREFERRED
* 3+ years of applicable REAL ESTATE and contract law experience is required
* Extensive experience in drafting legal transaction documents, conducting due diligence and closings
* Extensive experience in managing a high volume of real estate transactions and matters, including experience with land acquisition, development, disposition, HOAs and special metropolitan districts. Due to our fast paced, high-growth culture, this position may require more than 40hours per week. In addition, some travel will be required.
* All applications must include a resume and a cover letter that highlights the scope and extent of relevant experience
Century Communities, Inc. offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD, a 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off