Real Estate Manager 8/9/2016
Opus Development Company, L.L.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Opus Group seeks an experienced Real Estate Manager to join our Chicago team.
Opus develops, designs and builds high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings that change the way people live and work. We can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow. We also realize that you have a life outside of work - balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our office in Rosemont, IL, the Real Estate Manager will be responsible for managing commercial real estate development efforts. Specific duties include market research, planning, land selection, land purchase and sale negotiation, entitlement, building lease and sale negotiation, product development and marketing, and project budgeting.
* Conduct market research in specified geographical locations to identify trends and needs in areas of interest to the company.
* Assist with the selection, negotiation, purchase, and development of land in accordance with company business criteria and municipal or governmental regulations.
* Analyze and select sites on the basis of potential profit to company and suitability to business goals.
* Conduct negotiations for the purchase and sale of land.
* Contact municipal authorities to plan development of acquired land, identify and secure appropriate zoning approvals, negotiate sale of land, and secure annexation rights.
* Assist with the development of plans and strategies for speculative buildings.
* Develop budgeting and pricing policies to be used in lease negotiations.
* Develop marketing plans to lease or to sell buildings and property.
* Negotiate leases of speculative real estate products with brokers and clients.
* Prepare pro-forma budgets, lease-up schedules, and cash flow analyses on a project by project basis.
* Coordinate preparation of lease agreements with Legal Department.
* Review lease agreements with broker or client, and assist in the negotiation of lease agreements.
* Assist with negotiations for net lease and build-to-suit transactions.
* Create relationships with individuals and businesses in various industries to identify and target potential development opportunities.
* Develop and retain a quality commercial client base of businesses with significant real estate holdings or law firms directing large commercial transactions.
* Develop networks of attorneys, commercial lenders, brokers, agencies and others who can provide business leads and referrals.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in laws, requirements and other circumstances that affect company interests or performance.
* Review property listings, trade journals, and relevant literature.
* Attend conventions, seminars and classes and take advantage of other types of opportunities to enhance knowledge of real estate markets.
* Participate in professional organizations related to the commercial real estate industry.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field; or equivalent, experience and knowledge
* 3-5 years' experience in real estate development, finance, or brokerage business
* Licensing as real estate salesperson/broker is desirable
* Basic understanding of lending institutions, construction industry, and brokerage community and how these groups relate to one another
* Experience with office and industrial product strongly preferred
* Solid knowledge of statistics and financial analysis techniques as they apply to real estate projects
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong negotiating and marketing skills
* Ability to prioritize time and responsibilities in order to fulfill primary goals and complete numerous details that accompany each project
* Should have personal qualities of persistence, diplomacy, and organization
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.