Real Estate Senior Tax Consultant / Manager 9/1/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REAL ESTATE SENIOR TAX CONSULTANT/MANAGER
NEW YORK CITY
Financial Services (FS) provides a comprehensive, innovative range of business and tax solutions to highly diverse clients.
The breadth of our client relationships, our ability to share knowledge across our network and our depth of expertise makes us an influential market voice. A key Financial Services solution and service offering includes the Real Estate (RE) group. Real Estate advises a broad array of real estate owners, developers and investors, including publicly traded REITS, institutional real estate funds managed by investment banks or otherfinancial institutions and privately held real estate entities.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3
Minimum DegreeRequired: Bachelor's degree in Accounting provided all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations
Certification(s) Required: CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
* Working knowledge of tax compliance and consulting services for the real estate industry.
* Working knowledge of tax research methods including but not limited to Westlaw, RIA and CCH.
* Proficient technical skills providing tax services to real estate owners, developers and publically traded REITs.
* Ability to produce and review real estate partnershiptax returns and investment trust corporate returns.
* Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
* Demonstrated experience as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.