Real Time Bidding Senior Director of Software Engineering
REAL TIME BIDDING SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
Industry: High Tech
Job Category: Information Technology - Enterprise Software Implementation
Base Salary - $130,000 to $170,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
10+ TO 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
_VISA CANDIDATE CONSIDERED: NO_
The work of MaxPoint's Senior Director of Advertising Engineering goes way beyond RTB. We process beyond 80 billion events a day - peaking well over a million a second. We are building some of the most advanced technology in the advertising industry.
As the Senior Director of engineering, you will provide strong technical leadership to major projects as well as manage teams of engineers.
You will build and scale our infrastructure; you will construct algorithms and new distributed protocols.
You will oversee the work of talented, cross-functional teams to strategically plan, design and develop infrastructure solutions to help drive our continued growth all vital to the success of MaxPoint's business.
* Contribute substantively to our technical architecture decisions for site projects and lead efforts to build and maintain an extremely large scale software services platform.
* Recruit and retain top tier engineers, hire and mentor tech leaders, and provide career development and professional growth for our talented engineers and managers. Continue to add to our company culture; maintain a happy and productive engineering organization.
* Minimum Qualifications:
* Experience with commercial software development
* Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming
* Structured thinker, effective communicator, with excellent programming and analytic skills
* Experience working on advertising systems
* Relevant experience in leadership roles within engineering organizations and recruiting senior engineers
* Proficiency in Java/J2EE and C/C++/C# technologies
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field
* Strategic mind with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills
* Entrepreneurial drive
* Demonstrated ability to deliver products on time
* Ability to excel within a fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure, and provide hands-on leadership to our top-notch engineers
A track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements; strong and current technical contributions
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Does candidate have 10+ years active software development experience
Does candidate have 5+ years of management experience
Looking for a Director of SW Dev; someone from the Real Time Bidding Space (RTB / programmatic / Dig advertising). We need someone with large scale infrastructure exp. No lifetime contractors / consultants please. People who have been at large corps their whole career will not be a fit.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE WORKED FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANY(IES):
Media / advertising companies. People w experience at start up - small / medium sized companies.
WHY WE\'RE A GREAT COMPANY
We are a leading business intelligence and digital marketing solution that enables national brands to drive local, in-store sales.
The company's proprietary Digital Zip(R) technology and Intelligence Platform predict the most likely local buyers of a specific product at a particular retail location and then execute cross-channel digital marketing campaigns to reach these buyers.
We've worked with each of the top 20 leading national advertisers and each of the top 10 advertising agencies in the United States as ranked by Advertising Age.
We offer a generous benefits package including company paid premiums for employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, company contributed Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical expenses, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
Additional benefits include optional employee paid life insurance and AD&D, voluntary long-term disability, and employee contributed Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent care expenses.