Real Time Marketer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, LLC
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONArea of Interest:
Under general supervision, conducts and schedules market energy transactions in real-time to optimize profitability of Sempra U.S. Gas & Power s (USGP) generation portfolio or proprietary trading books in various markets. Monitors power plant operations and market conditions and responds to contingencies. Monitors and schedules natural gas on various pipeline systems throughout North America.
* Works as part of the team to manage and optimize USGP s portfolio based on unit commitment plans, risk management principles, and factors not included in the modeling (e.g., changes in price, market depth, plant availability, weather, etc.) on a real-time basis.
* Executes real-time transactions (by electronic power exchange, proprietary software, telephone, brokers, etc.) for physical and financial energy products.
* Inputs each transaction into an electronic deal capture system.
* Monitors real-time schedule adjustments and coordinates with market participants to account for deviations.
* Coordinates with the day-ahead staff as needed to resolve RT schedule issues, adjustments, etc.
* Updates the Fuel Supply Coordinator as needed for changes in expected fuel requirements.
* Supports the Day-Ahead electricity trading/scheduling function and gas trading/scheduling function as needed
* Participates in USGP s compliance program. Responsible for operating the Real-Time Desk in a manner that ensures compliance with all appropriate NERC reliability standards and USGP procedures.
* Monitors plant operations and responds to operating contingencies on a 24x7 basis. Coordinates with plant staff, Balancing Authorities, Reliability Coordinators and other outside organizations to minimize the impact of derates and outages.
* Monitors and schedules power transaction with control area operators. Monitor NERC e-Tags for accuracy and adjustments.
* Provide power schedule updates and operational guidance to USGP staff. Monitors control area operations and responds to operating contingencies.
* Analyze market conditions and status of the USGP portfolio and prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
* Work a rotating shift schedule to cover 24x7 operations.
Typically requires a Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, or Marketing.
Three or more years experience in the electric power industry, including experience in energy transactions, scheduling, transmission operations, gas scheduling or equivalent training and/or experience.
* Knowledge of economic, financial, and physical principles governing energy transactions. Knowledge of power plant operating characteristics and constraints. Knowledge of credit matters and risk management principles.
* Ability and willingness to work rotating 12 hour shifts to achieve 24 hour desk coverage. Able to work on a call out basis and cover additional shifts during co-worker absences.
* General knowledge of energy markets, including market principles, trends, behaviors, counterparties, electric transmission grids, natural gas pipelines, transaction practices, scheduling procedures, and other operational requirements.
* Good understanding and use of optimization models, scheduling interfaces, control area operator information systems, databases, spreadsheets, and other computer based systems.
* Good analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work on a closely integrated team.
* Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Work is conducted primarily in an office environment and includes occasional travel.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.