This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the entire warehouse and receiving procedures. Also needs to understand the products, receiving procedures, and back stock put away procedures. A receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, monitoring the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly putting product in its respective staging location.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Checks with supervisors or leads at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure.
* Verifies quantities of product received against the packing slip/purchase order.
* Checks and reports any damage found due to refrigeration, travel or handling by inbound freight company.
* Sorts or breakdowns all incoming product. (Eastern Region only)
* Builds steady and secure pallets to be put into back stock reserves.
* Wraps pallets whenever necessary.
* Ensures that all labeling of product and pallets are accurate for put-away in proper pick slot or back stock location
* Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe working environment.
* Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
* Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Wears personal protective equipment as required.
* Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
* Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
* Receiver functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
* Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with
* management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
* Deadlines are met.
* High School Diploma / GED Certification and/or equivalent related experience.
* Understanding of Safety guidelines
* Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
* Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Understand and properly follow all receiving procedures, including how to use Bakco and RF systems.
* Understand all paperwork related to receiving including how to read and use Purchase Order (PO) receivers, Bills of lading, and packing lists.
* Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.