This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
HIGH POINT, NC
The Receiver is responsible for pumping incoming raw
milk or cream from tank trucks into storage tanks,
document and record volume into inventory. High
Responsibility - with quality and efficiency being the
* Pump incoming milk from tank trucks to storage tank,
and compute and record volume of milk received.
* Weigh loaded truck on platform scale and records
weight on log sheet.
* Dip and pour sample of milk from vent hole of truck
into bottle for laboratory analysis.
* Take temperature of milk, and record data and
* May perform antibiotic and other laboratory tests as
* Transfer milk to tank, read milk-flow meter, and
record volume pumped on record sheet.
* Wash and sanitize interior and exterior of tank.
* Weigh empty truck and record weight.
* Compute difference between loaded and unloaded weights
of truck to verify accuracy of meter.
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any problems
and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to
improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for
virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to
50 pounds frequently.
* Using a safety harness; will be required to climb
high, restricted areas.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some
exposure to chemicals.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.