This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
The successful candidate will perform visual and dimensional inspections on composite aircraft parts and material. Utilizing standard precision measuring equipment (height gage, calipers, mircometers, etc.) Types of products will include: (But not limited to) raw material, chemicals, molded products, machined products.
* Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups prescribed to perform inspection
* Inspect visually in-process and completed products
* Be able to identify structural flaws, internal defects
* Uses various measuring devices
* Sold understanding of blueprints
* Good understanding of diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales and fixtures
* Understanding of customer specifications, drawing, inspection instructions and checklists
* May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
* Assist in determination of root causes for defects, and in formulation of corrective actions to prevent defect recurrence
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1 + years of experience working with inspection tools, equipment, methods, and instrumentation (including
* 1 + years of experience interpreting and using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
* 1 + plus year of QA experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably in the aerospace industry)
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Understanding of ISO 9001, AS9100 and AS9102 requirements
* Basic Computer Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
* A & P license or equivalent training and experience preferred
* 3 + years QA experience in composite airframe components and assemblies a big plus
* Some college is desirable
* Experience with CMM electronic inspection devices a plus
* 1 + years of FAI experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled