This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Supervise forklift personnel, Production line support, the receipt, inventory, and distribution of all material and packaging, and the effective utilization of office personnel, in order to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Work with the Materials Supervisor and the Transportation Department to assure timely unloading of all materials, avoiding detention costs
* Supervises between 70-80 non-exempt employees
* Ensure all materials are to delivered to Production lines
* Requisition materials and enforce receiving procedures for materials
* Execute inventory control procedures including first in, first out rotation
* Coordinate appropriate training and safety education for warehouse personnel
* Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned
* Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel or other spreadsheet software.
* Knowledge of material receiving procedures, inventory control procedures.
* Knowledge of SPC, MRP, TQM and APICS.
* Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
* Flexibility to work varied hours.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3 to 5 years of Warehouse management and/or Logistics.
* B.S. degree in Operations Management or equivalent work experience
Springfield, Ohio, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.