Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position represents the Auction in a professional and courteous manner by ensuring that all callers, visitors, customers, and vendors are greeted professionally and efficiently, and are directed to the appropriate personnel.
* Operate PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls. Answer questions about the Auction and provide callers with address, directions and other information.
* Receive and route telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
* Operate PA paging system as necessary assuring that only authorized pages are broadcast. Take and deliver messages to appropriate personnel or transfer calls to voicemail as necessary.
* Greet and welcome on-site visitors, customers and vendors, determine nature of business and notify appropriate personnel.
* Receive, sort, and route mail and publications. Update appointment calendars.
* Maintain fax machines, assist users, send faxes, and retrieve and route incoming faxes.
* Create and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
* Provide training instruction for relief receptionist/switchboard operator.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., filing, copying, collating, record keeping, accept job applications, etc.
* May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1 - 2 years of switchboard and customer service experience required.
* Familiarity with Auction systems, processes, and employees preferred.
* Effective communication and organizational skills required.
* Must be able to operate PBX or multi-line phone system, as well as other office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
* Basic computer software skills required.
* Commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
* General understanding of auction departments and processes preferred.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, manual dexterity.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-MD-Elkridge-7120 Dorsey Run Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor