This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
To serve as a Receptionist for the Geisel Dean s Office, greeting and welcoming visitors and callers and answering simple inquiries where applicable or referring to appropriate persons. In addition, to provide basic clerical support to the office to increase efficiency and expedite/coordinate the work of others.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to interact positively with a variety of people by telephone and in person.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and data.
* Ability to work in accordance with simple standardized procedures and established guidelines.
* Keyboard skills and computer experience to access and enter routine information.
* Attention to detail.
* Diplomacy and good judgment is essential.
* Flexibility and customer service skills.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Up to one year of prior office experience.
* High school graduate or the equivalent.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Faith R. Goodness, MBA
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Serves as initial point of contact for callers/visitors.
* Determines nature of inquiry in order to refer to others for action.
* Directs visitors to appropriate locations.
* Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate offices and departments.
* Exercises judgment and discretion in releasing confidential information.
* Monitors incoming faxes.
Basic Office Support
* Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail in accordance with specific routing directions.
* Delivers outgoing mail to pick-up point, mailroom, or post office.
* Enters routine data and maintains database. Accesses database for information.
* Orders office supplies.
* Provides administrative and clerical support for the Director and Dean s Office as requested.
* Provides general upkeep for the physical office space, including kitchen area.
* Arranges repairs and other work orders with Facilities.
* Primary point of contact for conference room calendars.
* Monitors room schedules for priority meetings and conflicts.
* Acts as backup for calendar support of senior leaders.
Performs other duties as assigned